Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can anyone help me with my Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse?

I got this USB mouse for Christmas,so it's about 3 months old. I haven't had a problem with it until this evening: it suddenly just stopped working.It's not the battery, because the red optical light thing is still lighting and whatnot when I move the mouse. The cursor is just not moving when I move the mouse, and the buttons aren't working.I restarted the computer and it worked again for maybe 10 or 15 minutes and then stopped again. Updating the drivers doesn't help, and I've also gone through the troubleshoot process, which also didn't work. I installed the IntelliPoint software recommended by Microsoft, which also did nothing. Apparently this is an issue with Microsoft mice, because there's a page on the Microsoft support website to fix the problem (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321122/e... I've gone through this process twice,and each time,the same thing happens: it works for 10 to 15 minutes, and then stops working.



Can anyone help me with my Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse?norton 2008



I know you said that it isn't the battery, but try replacing them anyway, its the only way to be completely sure. Mice will do all kinds of weird things if the battery is getting low, including exactly what you're describing.



If that's not the case you may have a virus on your hands, or a software conflict somewhere. Try using another mouse, do you have the same problems? If so its probably a conflict on your system, if not its either a hardware defect or bad batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment