Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Will using Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool to ';clean up'; infected files d

I downloaded this tool from Microsoft's official website, and upon running the scan I found out that some files I use for office work were infected. Will ''cleaning up'' those files and Win32 system administration files delete those files or risk my computer? P.S. I am running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (genuine). Apparently, one of those viruses disallows me to download SP2 from Microsoft's official website



Will using Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool to ''clean up'' infected files delete those files?norton



I don't think it should delete any files unless they are infected. I recommend you use Ad-aware or Spybot: Search and Destroy instead as Microsoft's tools aren't usually up to scratch. After that you should be able to install Windows XP SP2

No comments:

Post a Comment