Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Trouble with microsoft word?

Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE



help me figure out why microsoft word thinks every time I open to create a new document that I want to create a friggin envelop.



OK I created an envelop the other day...then I printed DONE.



OVER with right???!!!



Now every time I open up Microsoft word to write a paper, letter etc it gives me this envelop to write on instead.



Trouble with microsoft word?norton 360



you'll have to open up the normal.dot template and reset it or change it back to a ''normal'' document.



file - open - templates and choose normal.dot (or normal.dotm in Vista)



Good luck



Trouble with microsoft word?photoshop



Sounds like you've saved that envelope format to your global template (Normal.dot or Normal.dotm (for Word Vista)). The fastest way to fix it would be to get rid of the template and let Word recreate it. Here's how:



1.Close all copies of MS Word.



2.In Windows Explorer (My Computer) go to the directory



c:\Documents and Settings\your username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates.



(Word Vista may use a different directory.)



3.The Normal.dot template should be in this directory. Change its name to Normal.dot.bak. (So if this doesn鈥檛 work, you can change it back.) If there is a file ~$Normal.dot (note the funny characters at the front), delete it.



4.Try Word again. It should find Normal.dot missing, recreate it, and, hopefully, give you back your functionality.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment